No need to find a rugby field with goal posts to practice your kicking skills any longer, you can make your own kicking posts for your garden with a few simple materials. Set a holiday project with your dad and build a kicking post that you and your friends will love – all year around.
Here is what you will need for your project:
- 8 x 1.5m sections of 25mm thick PVC pipe
- 4 x 25mm PVC tees
- 2 x 25mm PVC elbows
- Place three PVC pipes in a rectangular shape in front of you.
- Join the top two corners with elbows.
- Place elbows on the bottom two corners.
- In another area, away from your base, place two PVC pipes parallel to each other.
- Next, do the same just underneath the two PVC pipes.
- Join the centre of the pipes with PVC tees. You should have two long parallel pipes in front of you.
- Form the cross-bar by inserting a PVC pipe in the open PVC tees between the two long pipes.
- You have now formed the upright.
- Insert the upright section into the open elbows of the base.
You’re all set to get practicing! We want to see your DIY goal post – simply share the image on your social media platform of choice using #RugbyDIY!