This is the perfect festive recipe that will satisfy those sweet cravings without ruining your healthy diet. It is packed with healthy ingredients like protein-packed peanuts and delicious dried apples, and is topped with decadent sweetness to treat the taste buds these holidays.
- 45g chunky peanut butter
- 32g vegetable oil
- 1 cup Rice Crispies
- 1 cup bran flakes or Cornflakes
- 45g finely snipped dried apples
- 30g finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- some dark chocolate for drizzling over the top
- Combine the peanut butter, oil, and honey in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture comes to a boil then remove from heat.
- Next, add in the cereals, apples, peanuts, and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Transfer this to a small bowl and chill for 30 minutes. (The mixture should be a bit loose and crumbly).
- Form the mixture into small balls by gently pressing mixture together. This works best when your hands are kept slightly wet and you avoid rolling the mixture into balls.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Allow them to stand for about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place the chocolate pieces in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the balls.
- Cover them and leave them to chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
At the Investec International Rugby Academy, players are always reminded about the importance of proper sports nutrition. After all, a healthy player is a successful player! The art of nutrition is balance – the right amount and quality of input into your body with the optimum performance output. Balance your festive feasting by maintaining a fun, festive fitness plan, so that you can feel guilt-free about indulging in a little treat here or there.