Who Should Attend?
Any coaches who want to learn more about the game of rugby. This course is specifically designed for coaches at primary and secondary school level. It delivers on aspects that make a successful coach and provides the key fundamentals to get the most out of your players. Perfect for age grade representative coaches, school coaches. An intensive four day course designed for ambitious coaches who want to give themselves the best chance of furthering their careers.
- Intense 4 day course
- Skills based course that gives coaches access to the latest techniques in the game
- Specialists in each aspect of the game lecture and demonstrate the latest cutting edge information.
- Individual Skills and unit skills
- Position specific coaching with current or former professional players
- Handling Skills
- The side step and running lines
- Defence technique and structures
- Support play
- Decision Making
- Individual skills & unit skills
Position Specific Coaching
- Coaches will get the chance to follow a position specific coach.
- Small groups helps develop a personal environment to maximise learning
- This creates the opportunity to learn all the necessary skills and roles involved in the position of choice.
Lectures & Practicals
- There are both lectures and practical sessions to help understand and master the necessary skills
- Mental toughness
- Coaching Philosophy
- Rugby Specific Training
- The laws of the game
- IRB Level 1