The beauty of rugby is that the game depends on a group effort – right from the coaching team, the players and the assistant specialists – all are needed to make a unit successful. However, not every school has the capacity to fill all these positions necessary to perform at their best every season – and understandably so.
At The Investec International Rugby Academy, we understand that your team’s limitations are based on a variety of factors; like budget, contacts and coaching compliments. It is also difficult to know what your team needs the most in order to prioritise what needs to be addressed first. Here’s where we can help – our diverse range of options can assist schools receive the attention on the rugby field need without hiring a full time team of specialists.
Since our launch in 2009, we’ve seen some wonderful school success stories through our Customised Courses. For those of you who are familiar with our bi-annual Players’ and Coaches’ Courses – our Customised Courses are all of the above, except we tailor the content and skills-work to your school’s needs and, the best news of all, we come to you!
What are the advantages of a Customised Course for schools and clubs?
- Teams and coaches learn together.
- We offer position-specific coaching with former SA and provincial rugby players helping players hone in on their unique skills.
- All ages and levels are welcome – you can choose to have us for your senior and/or junior teams, as well as A and/or B, C and E teams, if you wish.
- Coaches get personalised theoretical and practical training by professional coaches in the industry.
- We gauge your team’s level, identify what you need to up your game, and structure our courses to address your needs.
- We believe that players are developed successfully with the correct structures in place from an early age. We will implement these structures into your teams and coaching structures so that the school performs well and players go on to excel in their passion for the sport.
- Our modules include: Mental Skills, Conditioning, Lineouts, Scrums, Back Attack, Defence, Skills and Rucking.
- Our coaches include the likes of Ian Macdonald, David Campese, Louis Koen, Braam van Straaten, Dick Muir and John Allan.
- Some of the schools that have benefitted from the course: Hoërskool Secunda (Won the Beeld Trophy after the course), Hoër Landbouskool Marlow (Ended the season in SA’s top ten schools after the course) and many more who achieved their goals – big or small.
We want to help your school reach your goals! Parents, coaches, players, teachers and principals – get chatting and encourage your school team to approach us. Email us on email@example.com to take the next step in improving your game. We look forward to meeting you all!